Saturday, November 15, 2014

hot pants

The infamous cheetah pants. Let me explain by saying that I expected Mexico to be warm. Like sundress and sandals warm. So clearly it made sense to bring only one pair of pants. They'd be perfect for flights or overnight bus rides or unseasonably cold and rainy days. Right? Well it turned out that the first 7 days in Mexico were full of those things. And I was stuck wearing velvet cheetah print pants for a week solid. The first couple of days were fine, but when you only bring a small backpack, clothing variety isn't really an option. I was wearing my cheetah pants with every other article of clothing I brought. Cheetah print with tie die? I wore it. Cheetah print with a striped shirt and striped jacket? I wore it. People stared, people commented. spanish spanish guepardo spanish spanish spanish. A woman selling lucha libre masks even waved a cheetah print mask at me! (which I promptly bought) Cassidy suffered the brunt of it. She had to walk with me, be seen with me, and look at me every single day. I am not lying or exaggerating when I tell you that one afternoon she exclaimed in a exasperated voice, "KYLIE, CAN'T YOU JUST TRY TO BE PRETTY?"







2 comments:

  1. This is the best thing I've seen all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KYLIE I LOVE YOU!!! You rock those cheetah's all day/night long!!!

    ReplyDelete