Wednesday, August 22, 2012

mountain escape.

What a drama queen right? I've lived in the desert for an entire week and a half and am already going through withdrawals of green, and mountains, and cooler breezes. My getaway was planned. I would drive up to Durango, CO and bike the Animas River Trail. Enjoy the scenery (mountain men and trees), and explore the area. What wasn't planned was locking my keys in my truck in a Walmart parking lot. Which posed multiple problems because my bike lock key was on the same ring. So I couldn't get into my truck, and I couldn't leave my bike. After trying to break into my own truck, with a  select few tools (a quarter, a pen, and my spaghetti arm muscles). I finally gave up and went into Walmart in search of some help. I only received a few dozen freaky looks trolling around the crowded  with my hair uhmess and my bike in tow. I was then promptly helped by a man that swore he'd never broken into anyone's car illegally, but just happened to know all the tricks of breaking into one. He recommended that I go and buy a knife and a wire hanger conveniently located just a minute walk away. While perusing the Walmart knife selection, my mom saved the day again and told me that she had called a locksmith to come and let me into the truck. I reluctantly left the sporting goods section and waited at my truck for my locksmith to come, which just so happened to be a ma, and pa, and son business ran out of a suburban. Lucky day.











No comments:

Post a Comment