Sunday, October 1, 2017

ROUND TWO

When I left South Korea in 2012, it was with a sense of finality. I loved Korea, but never thought that I would return. Fast forward 5 years to when I heard about a semester abroad opportunity during class one morning. I decided to go after about 5 seconds of hearing about it. In state tuition? Accelerated classes? Done, done, done. I didn't even know where it was, but I was going. Then I heard it. South Korea. Seriously?? Is that even possible? What? I couldn't believe it, but considering I had already planned the next 6 months in my overactive mind during those 5 seconds, it wasn't a hard choice to fully commit. Korea round two was completely different than the glory of monkey, my seaside town and solo adventures of Goseong, but it was just as life changing. I leaped all-in to my public health courses, stuffed my face with Korean food all day everyday and made so many new friends. I saw a president get impeached, I returned to one of my favorite mountains on earth and even convinced my ma to come and visit me. All in all, a major, major win.

2 comments: