Monday, July 24, 2017

my own tiny monsoon part 1

First off, Vietnamese are very very tough people. I, an unprepared foreigner, hustled my booty to shelter when the rain started. I could not believe how much rain was coming down and for so long! It must be a new record! How would the country handle this immense downpour?! What about the roads? What about runoff? Cleary, I was the only one thinking these disaster scenarios. Life went on like usual on this side street on the outskirts of Saigon and the sweetest boy and his mom let me wait out the rain and all of my worries sitting on their shop stoop. 






2 comments:

  1. Love all your Vietnam posts. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos from your hip and baby and mama interacting behind your back make my heart swell and flutter something divine.

    ReplyDelete