Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Wild.

My favorite thing about living in the west happens when you're driving deep in the thick of things, out in the desert, up in the mountains, mostly miles away from places where things are thought to be "happening." You're enjoying the solitude and fresh air and you see a car leaving the direction you're going and it happens. They lift a finger or hand off the steering wheel, or sometimes nod, a quick acknowledgment in passing of being in the same place at the same time, enjoying the same thing, recognizing a true lover of the wild. My heart swells every time it happens and I can't help but feel connected. to everything important.

On a quick side note, my grandpa does this quite regularly when he's driving in town and other drivers upset him, or cut him off, ride a motorcycle, or just catch his eye. It's hilariously endearing, and I love it.


I also really like the mountains, green chili, trees, cowboys, turquoise, cactus, lizards, and natural arches. But hey, I'd be a weirdo if I insisted on a nine-way tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment