Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ruby Lovin.

Miles and miles in the deserts and mountains in New Mexico, miles and miles north through canyons and deserts to see family, miles and miles to new cities just to buy sourdough bread, miles and miles with cassette tapes blasting, miles and miles on drives chasing sunsets and tracing oil truck roads. 50,000 miles in three and a half years is enough bonding time to pull at my heart strings. I can't even count how many times I felt like I was driving in a clown car, stuffed full to the brim with friends and family (the record is four people). Or how many times I just had to laugh because driving her was often ridiculous. No power steering? NBD. It built muscle! It's definitely bittersweet giving her up, but at least she's staying in the family. aka: Chandler, don't rip up the streets of Logan. At least not every night. 










2 comments:

  1. What??? What? No Ruby? What is Lyle going to do without Ruby? Okay...what big wheels are you sportin' now?_______________

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just busted a GUT looking at the photo of THAT DAMN PLANT I made you buy, hahaaaa!! Ruby cruisin' forevah and evah in our hearts! xo

    ReplyDelete