Thursday, April 18, 2013

Things could be worse....

I could be addicted to cocaine. Or online shopping. Or eating cat hair. (Yes, that's a real thing.)
Hi. My name is Kylie and I'm kind of addicted to dairy. I must admit that lately I've developed the habit of eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast every morning...and sometimes for dinner too. At one point I was going through a gallon a week. But before you jump to conclusions, please understand that I work late and live alone.  But still, I started reading blogs and articles about the hormones in milk and started questioning my favorite food group. I finally came to the realization that I had a problem, and did the only thing I could think of, the hardest thing I could think of, the WORST thing I could think of : two weeks of being dairy-free. In the process of proving to myself that I didn't belong on TLC's newest episode of 'My Strange Addiction,' strange things began happening. My third day without milk I woke up at three in the morning with a parched throat and was half way to the fridge before I realized that I had just been dreaming about milk. Things continued to get worse. Vanilla Moose (my favorite place in town. AKA: the local ice cream shop) opened on day eight of my fast and I wanted to die. I made pancakes on day twelve and had to eat them with water! As you can see, my dairy-free weeks turned me into a giant drama queen diva. But like like Gloria Gaynor, I survived and discovered that almond milk isn't as freaky as I once thought it was and that I should diversify my eating habits to avoid scurvy. 



2 comments:

  1. I love milk! I love cereal. I totally understand where you're coming from. There are tons of options though: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk...? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! We are totally on the same page! I've tried a couple now and like almond milk best. (but secretly went back to cow milk.... haha) What about you?

      Delete